*Applies to MT-923 Series and all other trimmable mats
Car mats help keep your vehicles floor in good condition, reduces care and maintenance costs, and can help to maintain its resale value. Typically, in order to ensure proper fitment, it is best to measure your vehicles interior or check the size of your current stock mats before purchase. However, our Motor Trend All Weather Floor Mats feature trimmable lines to allow near perfect fitment. What makes these mats extra special are the deep channels that trap dirt, dust and mud for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Method 1 - Using Old/Stock Floor Mats
If you will be replacing a fitted floor mat, the old mat can be used as a pattern to give you the best fit
- Remove the old floor mats. Depending on your vehicle model, your original mats may be locked down with retention tabs. Simply pull and lift up around the tabs that secure the mat down.
- Prepare the new floor mats. Using a pair of scissors, cut the mat free from the tab securing it to the hanger. Find a flat surface and align the old floor mat next to or on top of the new floor mat to compare the size and shape and determine where to begin trimming.
- Trim the new mats. A marker can be used trace the outline of the old mat onto the new mat. Begin cutting the excess material around the old mat to match the size and shape of the original.
- Place new mat in car and enjoy!
Method 2 - Measuring Without Old/Stock Floor Mats
- Place the new uncut mat in the floor. Start by pushing your seat back and place the mat roughly where you prefer it to be.
- Mark the areas to trim. Adjust the new mat to your liking and using a marker, mark the areas that do not sit flush to the floor, most notably the areas where the mat flares up.
- Begin trimming. After you're done marking the mat, carefully begin cutting along the trim lines and remove the excess material that are marked off. Alternately, you can remove the mat and cut on a flat surface.
- Refit and replace. Test fit to see if any pedals rub against the mat. Then repeat the mark and trim process until you get the mat snug to the floor.
- Remember to trim the new mats slowly and with care in mind as you can always cut away more material later as needed.
- Make sure you install the floor mats securely before driving. Do not allow any portion of the material to interfere or get stuck to the gas, brake and clutch pedals to prevent serious accidents.
- After installation, press each pedal to see if it hits the mat and trim as needed.